Ice Party

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

WCM

Ice Party

Postby WCM » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Just had some pics sent to me from some of my friends who were recently up at the Island for some ice fishing...I might have to break down and join them, crutches and all...

Boardwalk is coming along...

And the NB Church for our resident I-s-lander

WCM

Postby WCM » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:44 pm

those didn't turn out as big as I had hoped...any tips?

WCM

Postby WCM » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:26 pm

well, while they were up there fishing this past weekend, these aren't their pics. I guess the fishing was pretty good though. You can go to the middle bass website for larger images.

http://www.middlebass2.org/Ice200702.shtml

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Let look better thatn I can do!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

WCM

Postby WCM » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:13 pm

hey - these were posted by you, Isle...do you know the Petro's? They were there this weekend too (Dan, Tom, Dan's fiancee Kristen, and their Dad - Mr Petro to me, Rich I think? Ever start to get old enough that you could call someone by their first name but since you've been calling them Mr/Mrs since you were little its hard to change? OK, enough on that)

I think that is Mr. Petro in the ice party pic - tall, really thin. But I could be wrong.

He sent me these at first and I thought he took them, hence I posted them. Then another person on the email said they saw these on the middle bass site so I looked into it...long story.

So thanks for backhandedly sending me pictures!

islander

Postby islander » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Yes, I did take all of those pictures. I didn't get as many I as would have liked but it was just too darn cold to keep my hands out of my gloves long enough to take many.
And yes I know the Petros and you did spot them. Good eye man. Tom and Dan had come up for the weekend.
The party was great fun. It doesn't look like there were that many people but actually there was a good crowd. A nice warm fire on the ice, hot spiced wine, dogs, burgers and Billy Market fire works rounded out the affair. They are having an ice party this coming Sunday again too.
Glad you enjoyed them...I did take more that I didn't have posted, if you are interested in seeing who else you might know I can email them to you...just pm your email address and off they will go.
I am also going to be writing some for the Gazette, so keep your eyes out for some of my stories. The first one should be out in the March issue.

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 am

Yeah, it looked like a great time, thanks for sharing...I'll send you my email address on PM. Dan said they caught close to 100 walleye over 3 days...they ended up staying Sunday night too...Tom called into work claiming "the airboat had a malfunction" (Tom works for my Mom). I think my mom and I both knew better ;)

How was transit between the Islands? We have some MBI guys in our group and they're trying to figure out if they can stay there and go back and forth or if they should just stay with us on PIB. Looks like we are going to go up next weekend, Feb 23-25. Hopefully I can get some good pics too. Looked like a great day for taking pictures.

What are you going to be writing about in the Gazette? I love the Gazette. It's an exciting day when it gets to my house each month!

Return to “General Topics”