Why you love the Island

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

funboy2121

xxx

Postby funboy2121 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:55 am

I was passed out on a park bench waiting for the Jet, my first time on the island, and I was covered with mayflies! The way to conquer the mayfly is to eat one!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:02 am

Bullette wrote:The only thing I hate about the island is the Mayflies... The awesome thing about that is that the island is so great, that it doesn't keep people from partying!

Once, under a street light, the road was carpeted in mayflies and I witnessed a man trying to run through it to get away and slipped and wiped out in the pile of mayflies...LOL.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:05 pm

You got it funboy!! :lol:

And the mayflies are WAAAAAY overrated as far as being a pest in my opinion!! They are all over the lights and on the screens, but they don't bite and are harmless for the most part.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Katrinka

Postby Katrinka » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:32 pm

And thank god they only have a 24 hr. life span. Can you imagine the numbers if they lived longer. They may actually outnumber the drunks.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:14 pm

I also love Pat Dailey (my dog's name is Dailey).

The first time I saw Dailey, I was 17. My g/f (she was 19) worked at the place where he played (you know, that place) so I got to know the bouncers and they let me and my 2 friends in (I am not sure they knew we were under 18) and we got plowed. I went out and bought the Raw Bars tape (yes, tape) at the store in the bar the next morning (too hammered to buy it that night - lol).

At some point in the night I was in the bathroom chatting with some guy while peeing and my one friend came in and went to the stall (both urinals were taken, didn't seem weird) where he jumps in the conversation and mid-sentence says "hold on" and vomits in the toilet, then continues with what he was saying...lol.

We pretty much talk about that everytime we go see Pat...

Which brings me to another reason I love the Island - so many great stories...

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:22 pm

My fondest memories of the Island are with Lonz Winery at MidBass. I sure wish they could bring that one back!
Hide the Rum!

Katrinka

Postby Katrinka » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 pm

I LOVED LONZ's. That was definitely the funnest winery in the area.

WCM

Postby WCM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:38 pm

ah...Lonz...had a lot of great memories there. And, while working at The Boardwalk, it was always fun to watch the people come off the Sonny-S and vomit everywhere...lol.

Softball games on MBI are a lot of fun too (not that they aren't on PIB, but more of an event on MBI).

livewirecs

Postby livewirecs » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:02 pm

The island is unlike any other place. There is something special and magical about leaving Ohio's mainland behind and heading off to a place where you know you are going to have a great time. The relaxation of riding around on a golf cart, heading over to the winery for a few samples, on to the campgrounds, by the airport, and of course the main strip.

Hearing in the faint distance a band coming from all directions and bars. The sun shining brightly whlie having thoughts of what the night will bring. Being in the hotel getting ready for the evening while in the back of your mind knowing that all your cares are behind you on some mainland and nobody can touch you here at the Bay. All your friends are with you and friends you haven't met yet are waiting.

Euphoric.

I Love Put In Bay.
Get Me To The Bay! (listen to my show online at www.thedriveat5.com )

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 am

Very Very Inspirational there......Gave me goose bumps....made me feel like I was actually on the island experience all that and in my room getting ready!! Gosh I so can not wait to go!!
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

WCM

Postby WCM » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:43 am

I was so moved, I think I am going to go next weekend...

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm

I totally agree when on the island nothing else matters!!! Work is the last thing on your mind and everyone is your friend, total paradise 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Plus, what a difference between the drive going to the bay as opposed to driving home from the bay. I love that trip up. I'm calling everyone and anticipating the awesome time that I KNOW I will have. The drive home sucks....hung over and knowing I have to get up the next morning for work. Of course a few days later, I'm ready to do it all over again.

Katrinka

Postby Katrinka » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:51 pm

Yep - the ride home is usually a LOT quieter than the ride there. Luckely I'm only about an hour and 15 minutes from the Jet.

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:04 pm

So true....I love the way up...all excited ready to party and meet people and than the way home Im all sad cause I dont want to leave at all :(
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

Return to “General Topics”