PIB 2007

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

gomer

PIB 2007

Postby gomer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:59 pm

What's up everyone? Just checking to see if there is any new bars or attractions this year at PIB. Also I wanted to go Parrothead weekend this year with a group of about 12 buddies, but unfortunately some of us have a wedding that weekend. That is disappointing since we usually go that week, weren't able to last year, and then were told there was a 20 to 1 ratio of women to men that weekend. Instead we went the QFm weekend the next week and it was about 30 to 1 guys to girls. Including about 50% meatheads. Anyway I think we are going to go the third weekend of June because that is what works for us, but does anyone have any other suggestions for good weekends? I know all weekends are great at the bay.

WCM

Postby WCM » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:52 pm

New things I've seen: building a "fun center" on Toledo where that big open area was/is...before the bus stop as you're getting into town, and I saw a new restaurant (I think) being built behind that new hotel on the water (forget the name - where The Landings used to be). Can't see it from the street. The Boardwalk is also building "The Upper Deck" which is to be a new, more upscale restaurant on top of the existing Boardwalk. It's extended towards the street and over the parking lot. I think they are going to redesign the enterance for both the Boardwalk and "The Upper Deck". Whatever that stand in the front was (I forget what the name of it was last year, originally the Heine Bar) is gone.

And a lot of the streets are torn up from water line installations...

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:14 pm

I always go the very 1st weekend in August and it is always a good weekend! I like it since it is still in the peak season and the weather is almost guaranteed to be warm and sunny yet the island is not so packed you cannot even get in a bar! Of course X-mas and 4th of July always ROCK too! I would say any weekend from June 15th till August 15th is awesome.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:05 am

interesting to see the new item I mentioned removed from the post...can I refer to it as "WalMart" ? I thought it was an appropriate sign...

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:24 pm

It was a funny sign LOL

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:33 pm

What??? I am confused :? What sign? And where?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:53 pm

THanks Mills.. I'm confused as well...
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Mills wrote:What??? I am confused :? What sign? And where?

I mentioned a new thing on the Island that was removed from my post. A sign was created (by HS students I heard) that said "Coming Soon: WalMart" and put outside this new building (its big and bland and looks like another building on a certain corner that has neon plam trees and is painted red...but this version is yet to be painted, at least when I saw it, hence "WalMart").

Taz

Postby Taz » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:10 pm

What ever it was, admin removed it, LOL....
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:15 am

I think i get it now!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:58 am

OK, I get it now. Where is this new building located? And what is it?
Mills, from Cincinnati

WCM

Postby WCM » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:56 pm

(without knowing what I am or am not allowed to say) its on the corner of a road that leads to the school and the road that leads to the ferry...not exactly on the corner, more next to an existing hotel. Essentially, I think its another hotel although the name of the place would indicate you would also go there to have corporate meetings...probably a restaurant inside too

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:13 pm

OK, cool!

The words you cannot say are G-R-A-N-D and I-S-L-A-N-D-E-R even if you are not referring to the hotels that include those two words. So from what you are saying this new structure is pretty close to the grocery store and in between the Real Barrel and the two worded hotel I stated above?
Mills, from Cincinnati

theoneandonly

Postby theoneandonly » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:44 am

I'll give you the up date for Mr. Ed's and the Commodore for 2007. The Commodore will be adding a Subway franchise for all of your hungry needs. It will be located inside the motel right next oth the lobby. This will be perfect after you are done drinking at the pool bars and it will also be open till about four. Finally no more greasy burgers or pizza after hours.

Mr. Ed's will be building a bar upstairs. This will be nice to enjoy a [banned] over looking Delaware Ave and the park. You will also be able to rent the upstairs out for weddings, business meetings, or for personal parties. Hope to see you all soon.

gomer

Postby gomer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:37 pm

the Subway sounds awesome. Now it is just a matter of remembering it while I am there and especially at 2:30 in the morning after a night of partying at the Bay. Also I pumped about the rooftop of Mr. Eds. It wasn't open yet last year when I was at the bay.

Return to “General Topics”