New Commodore Hotel.....help please!

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

phoenixgirl

New Commodore Hotel.....help please!

Postby phoenixgirl » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:05 am

Hi guys, I just got back from my 7th glorious trip to the bay, and managed to wind up in a new room in the Commodore for a few hours. Never mind what I was doing. :wink: Anyway, I heard alot about the reputation of the old Commodore (dirty/noisy/kind of scary). I was wondering if the new building is more quiet/less rowdy or if the walls are paper thin.

Also if you stay in the new building, how much can you hear the poolside entertainment/DJ. Yeah I know, why do I care about sleep/noise?!? Long story. So can anyone rate the indoor outdoor noise from like 1 to 10. 1 being hardly being able to hear music/people and 10 being like the band is playing right outside your door. Thanks alot! :D

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:13 pm

The walls in the new Commodore are NOTHING like the old one, I doubt people next door heard anything unless you had a jackhammer LOL!!

As far as hearing the DJ, I would say barely a 1. You cannot hear the music at all that I could tell, almost sound proof. I do miss the old balcony in front where we could sit and enjoy a beer yet still hear the DJ and feel like you were not missing any of the action!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

phoenixgirl

Thanks Mills......

Postby phoenixgirl » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:22 pm

The room was so much nicer than the place we've been staying, and the rules were getting crazy. You know, I think I saw you at the roundhouse on Saturday (Aug 5th). I think you high fived me. It's fuzzy.

Bobdog

Postby Bobdog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:36 pm

Believe me, if you stay at the Commodore, you are going to want to be out at the pool partying. We were just there this past weekend and hit all the pools. We spent about 30 minutes each day at each of the other hotel pools. We spent about 5 hours each day, at Mr. Eds Pool. It wasn't even close. That pool Rocks!!! The party doesn't really get going till after 12:00Noon, so you can still sleep in. And it stops around 7:00, so you have time to go in and get ready for the bars.

Plus the new building is connected to Mr. Eds, which the best nighttime location, by far.

Have Fun!!!!

Return to “General Topics”