question about the bars/nightlife

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

runninencircles

question about the bars/nightlife

Postby runninencircles » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:10 pm

im planning a big trip in september to the island but we do have a few people that are still only 20. how old do you have to be to get into the bars? 19+ or 21+? and do you think they'll even have fun if they cant get in??? any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks

LisaMO

Postby LisaMO » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:26 pm

I wouldnt want to go if i wasnt 21,,I know i wouldnt have any fun,,they card everyone...
I am not an alcoholic, I`m a drunk, alcoholics go to meetings.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:20 am

I think it all depends where you're staying. IMO if you're staying in a hotel or someplace like that, it wouldn't be that fun, but if you're staying on a boat, you'll all have a blast even if you're not 21. Not that I'm condoning underage drinking, but if I were 20, I'd definitely have a few drinks while taking in all the action happening on the docks. Plus something is always happening out there so it could be very entertaining watching all the drunks come back to their boats.

islander

Postby islander » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:18 pm

You have to be 21 to get into the bars. So if it is a weekend of bar hopping you have planned then those who are underage might not have too much fun. However I agree with pbosak, if you're boating to the island then the docks are plenty fun to hang out on all weekend, well that is the public ones. So if it isn't just getting pickled you have planned to do there are lots of things that everyone might enjoy...parasailing, golf, wave runners, putt putt, caves, shops, bi-plane rides, fishing, the museum, tour train, biking, golf carts,swimming...all the resort stuff. But as the sun begins to fade...downtown transforms it's self into a 21 and over play ground.

Return to “General Topics”