Cabs

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

funboy2121

Cabs

Postby funboy2121 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:35 am

Hey Guys, What's the deal with the cabs on the island? what I mean is were staying at the island club houses which is far away from what were used to. Were going to rent carts in the day, but at night when you want to go out, or go home at 3:00am do you call any certain number or what? I tried contacting baycabbie, but she hasn't responded yet! or do we drive the carts, and take a chance?
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:12 am

There is no way I would chance driving a cart from downtown to the Island Club! The cops are pretty strict about drinking and driving on the island. Just not worth the chance in my opinion. Cabs are $3 to anywhere on the island and they will be all over the place outside the bars all night. I have taken them to the Skyway many times.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:27 pm

Definitely DO NOT chance it!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mother Trucker Dave

Postby Mother Trucker Dave » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:21 pm

Cabs are pretty plentiful and cheap.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:48 am

I am not sure if this has changed or not, but I believe that there are specific island club cabs that are in and out of there... I haven't stayed there, but while talking to certain cabbies, they said that they have their own... Please correct me if I'm wrong... It's been a while since I've been up there.....
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

baycabbie

Cabs

Postby baycabbie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:04 pm

Guess I can answer your questions and give my company a little plug at the same time. North Coast Cab Company is open 7 days a week, year around. This is our tenth year in business. We are members of the Put-in-Bay Chamber of Commerce. We also specialize in groups, weddings, and corporate events. We live year around in the wonderful Island Club. We are the only cab company that can go in the South Bass Island State Park. So, you drink, we drive. Our current rate is $3.00 per person anywhere on the island. Gas prices may drive that up very soon. We are paying 3.51 a gallon right now on the island. That's up .76 cents a gallon over last year. My vans are clean, my drivers are in uniform. We want you safe, and we don't want you in any trouble. We want you back on the island as many times as possible during the summer season. It is not worth risking injury or a DUI over a 3 buck taxi fare. We have many life flights every week for drinking related accidents. These life flights are for trauma. You have probably heard the helicopter flying in and out of the Put-in-Bay Airport during your visits to the island. So have a great time at Put-in-Bay, and if you party, take a cab, even if it's not mine.

Roy Steunenberg
North Coast Cab Company
Please enjoy our Island. It's a wonderful place to live and play.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:32 pm

I believe it's Northcoast that I always took... The drivers are very friendly as well! Please anyone who reads this... please tip your cab drivers as well... They have to put up with the rowdy drunks all night, and keep us happy! Keep it up!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Return to “General Topics”