New bar on the island

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

islander

New bar on the island

Postby islander » Thu May 04, 2006 11:40 am

A new bar will be opening up on the island this spring.....The Goat, Soup and Wiskey. Well this is the second Goat, there is one already located out west in Keystone. Make sure you all stop out for a drink. The owner is who Press House Joe named his famous Sloppy Scottie after, so you know the place will have to be cool and I know for a fact it will be loaded with personality.

Jagerman17

Postby Jagerman17 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:21 pm

isn't stoiber opening up one as well ... would be mightly nice -- 2 new ones to live at :lol:

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Thu May 04, 2006 7:58 pm

cool guys. Hey isn't there going to be a new pool that includes a swim-up bar? I think I got an email about it a few months ago...

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri May 05, 2006 7:37 am

There is a new pool bar, but the hotel is not a member of this site. It's actually a redone pool, tore the old one out and put the new one in.

Probably going to be more expensive, if possible, PIB Resorts has better prices for their pool.

Too bad we don't have a putinbay.com discount. :(

islander

Postby islander » Fri May 05, 2006 3:32 pm

Yep, Stoiber's are putting a bar in where the Lone Willow was, will be called "Odd Fellows". I suppose the name comes from the I.O.O.F group that once used the building way back in the day. I really like the name.
The new pool bar looks like it is going to be giant. The artist drawing of it reminds me of a Sandals Resort type pool bar.
Also for those who live in the Cleveland area Duff from the Window in the Round and another guy from the island have opened up a Put-in-Bay Bar in Lakewood...will have all the island bars in it when it is completely finished. It is open now, even though all the bars are not set up in there yet.
You all seem to enjoy the island so much you might want to think about getting a subscription to the Gazette....its cheap and will keep you up to date with what is going on, even all winter long you can keep up on all the when and where of island activities and parties that take place on the mainside.. Plus the paper is a hoot to read anyways. Island folks pretty much live for the first day of every month...which is the day the paper comes out.

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Mon May 08, 2006 6:57 pm

yeah, I would like a subscription to that. Good idea [banned]!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Mon May 08, 2006 7:05 pm

oops, can't say your name!

islander

Postby islander » Tue May 09, 2006 12:41 pm

It is a lot of entertainment for 17 bucks a year. Now don't get me wrong if you are looking for world headline news and the sports page you won't find much of it in there. But if you just want the scoop, gossip, history and some laughs you'll find no shortage of that.

Return to “General Topics”