Christmas in July

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Penelope

Christmas in July

Postby Penelope » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 am

Hello....Could anyone please tell me...we are planning our annual trip to Put-In-Bay again this year and we were lucky enough to get the weekend of X-mas in July...we always take our vehicles over...getting back is usually not that bad a wait...but...everyone is saying not to do so because they heard that it is really, really bad getting back that weekend! I just thought I would check with some of you...Hey, thanks for reading my post and any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thank care Penelope :)
Penelope

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey Pen,
We took our car over last year for xmas and it wasn't bad at all. We did get in line around 8am Sunday morning though to help beat the crowd. But actually waiting in line turns out to be kinda fun if you are patient and you don't have to be anywhere fast.
That's cool you are going that weekend!

CG

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:37 am

If you can I would definitely try and avoid bringing your car on the island b/c if you get in line too much past 9:00 or so you will wait for hours in line!!! If you were to get in line super early like 7:00 or 7:30 you will be fine though. Not many people can get up that early after a long night of drinking though :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:01 am

Buy a wagon or something and haul your stuff over, bringing a car looks like a huge pain in the arse most Sundays.

You can always rent a cart right when you get across and then haul your stuff that way, or take a cab.

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:48 pm

guess we've got some differing opinions here. I'm just speaking from my experiences...take what you want from it. My friends and I can never sleep after drinking anyway so we're usually up early.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:07 am

Bottom line is what time you leave the island. If you can get up early Sunday and get out of there, take your vehicle. Just know that it is the biggest weekend of the year. If you like to sleep in, you are MUCH better off not taking your vehicle as it will take you hours to get off the island. Hours most likely spent in the very hot sun. If you decide to take your vehicle make it a point to get up and out of there. Even if you just get over to the mainland and sleep in your car. I have heard too many horror stories and have seen the huge line of people waiting to get off the island.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:58 am

When I first started working up there, I took my car every weekend. It just seemed better so I would have that freedom. I can tell you that if you are not in line for that first ferry, it just gets worse. I would make sure I hit the first or second one. The one time I missed it, I had to wait forever to get off the island. It made for a miserable day!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:51 pm

I'd go with Mills and Mister Kay on this one, if you don't make the first ferry sunday morning your screwed! The line streches along way back.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Penelope

Postby Penelope » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:58 pm

:) Thank You all so much for the advise...I think this year...we will take the Jet Express...you guys are great...I love to read some of your posts...it sounds like you are all great friends...We have three condos out at South banned Beach Resort...stop out for a beer, bloody mary, ask for Penelope...Take Care!
Penelope

Penelope

Postby Penelope » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:01 pm

:oops: sorry about that...South banned Beach Resort...
Penelope

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:04 am

Some of the hotel names you can use, or words that relate to hotels, as they are not part of this website.
Hence the banned word filter. :D

Penelope

Postby Penelope » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:49 pm

Thanks Mr Kay...I wondered about that...I thought I typed it wrong...
My bad...I'm getting a wagon this weekend, down in Amish country...Berlin...See Ya... :D
Penelope

Penelope

Postby Penelope » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:49 pm

Thanks Mr Kay...I wondered about that...I thought I typed it wrong...
My bad...I'm getting a wagon this weekend, down in Amish country...Berlin...See Ya... :D
Penelope

Taz

Postby Taz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:37 pm

Double posts suck when that happens also, LOL......itchy trigger fingers, LOL.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Mon May 01, 2006 4:53 pm

i know
Hide the Rum!

Return to “General Topics”