Happy Friday.

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Mister Kay

Happy Friday.

Postby Mister Kay » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:01 am

No one has been posting much and the season is about to open.
A friend was down on catawba yesterday and said there were a lot of people on the ferry yesterday. Might just be locals and summer residents, but it is a sign that things are about to start picking up.

Captain Matt is about ready to put his big boat in this weekend, so it should be pleanty ready by Memorial Day, just getting the crew and times worked out. The Jamaican Me Crazy will be joining us again this year, as well as some other boaters from a group called themoot.net It's a local boating "club" that hangs out in muscamoot bay here on lake st. clair.

I am trying to get out of my Friday class so we can leave Friday, but we still have to see what the captain and crew have going.

At lunch today I am going on a tour of a coastguard boat they are retiring which is sitting on the Detroit River outside my office.
Anyway, Hope to see everyone there and enjoy your Friday.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:49 am

So are you guys going for sure on Memorial day? I'll have to see what I'll be up to... I'm on some new medication that has really bad side effects with drinking.... I'll have to see what I can pull off!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Baywatch

Postby Baywatch » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Today would have been an excellent day to be there :) . Only 42 more days to go!!! I keep sending my girlfriend pictures of past PIB trips to keep her going!!!
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."

islander

Postby islander » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:43 pm

One by one things are starting to open....some shops were even open Easter Sunday, and there was a north east wind, burr. B-dock even had a few boats in and A and C are already charging. On weekends the Roundy is packing a pretty good crowd already, and not all islanders either.
We went from West Harbor to North Bass on Friday and there were boats all over the place. They are splashing them like crazy on the mainland.

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:21 am

Got a crew of 3 for Memorial, first trip this year of many, I hope.

Make Matt wears a life jacket around the docks!

Hide the Rum!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:21 am

Got a crew of 3 for Memorial, first trip this year of many, I hope.

Make Matt wear a life jacket around the docks!

Hide the Rum!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:04 am

Ah, he can swim just fine, just watch out for those outdrives.

I actually fell in my first trip to PIB, it took all of 2 minutes and I was swimming. Someone left there swim ladder untied.

:D

Return to “General Topics”