Dock Trash

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

candita4

Dock Trash

Postby candita4 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:14 pm

Did anybody go this past week end?

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:23 am

Nope. Stayed home. Don't think we are going to actually make a winter trip, although I think it might be a lot of fun.
Even better if a certain admin on this board would fire up the hottub!

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:56 am

Hello everyone..... Well, I guess my response is better late than never. I did end up going to the docktrash party this year. Had a great time (had a hangover for 3 days to prove it). Got to see some PIB regulars like Big Don, Mikey, TSWalker, Stu, Roxy, and a bunch of others. Got to meet a bunch of new people as well and had a really good time. Probably the biggest benefit was the PIB card they gave everyone. It's like an official ID badge that gets you into a bunch of bars for free even if they are charging a cover charge. Some of the bars were the Boathouse, Roundhouse, Mr. Ed's (I think), and others. Port Clinton definitely doesn't look the same in the winter time. I was able to see PIB from my hotel room though. Judging from my pictures, I definitely had the beer goggles on. :D

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:06 am

That party always sounds like a good time. Glad to see you are still around Paul. See ya at the Bay this year I hope.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:35 am

It was definitely a good time and well worth the trip. It was held at the Commodore Perry in Port Clinton and the Dock trash party takes up the whole hotel so things got pretty crazy. Kind of like being at the bay. They had a big party Sat night with a pretty decent band. I forgot the cost of the party ($50 or $55) but that included your dinner and all your drinks for the night. Premium drinks like Jager or Cherry bombs cost $1. That price also included your discount card I mentioned in my last post. Over all it was a good time and well worth the pain I felt the next couple days.

candita4

Dock Trash

Postby candita4 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:09 pm

That party is always a blast. I don't think many of the posters have any idea how large that deal is. Think 200 PIB people in one hotel for the week end and you kind of get the idea. The P.J. party is always interesting. For those interested check out docktrash.com

islander

Postby islander » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Your right, I don't think people know just how big this thing has gotten and how far it has come since Mirna, Mark, Kent and the Gardners took over after Sax and Max. When I first started going in 94 it was really only for b-dockers (I was invited because I was a b-dock dockmaster... and I still remain friends with most of the docktrash from those days.) and it was just a pot luck dinner at the Fremont Fair Grounds with a few row boats full of ice and beer. But boy have those days changed! Now it is more open to people and a class A event.
I think Mirna, Mark, Kent, Doug and Sue all deserve a hand for all the hard work they now put into making sure every one has a blast at a great event. A job well done on their part...and a nice way for people to get their PIB fix.
I haven't been since they moved it to PC...it's probably even more fun at Ed's.

Return to “General Topics”