Golf Cart Question

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

freakin'hot

Golf Cart Question

Postby freakin'hot » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:49 am

My would-be brother and sister-in-law have three little kids: ages 5, 3, and 1. They want to visit the Bay and rent a golf cart. They are squabbling over whether or not they need car seats for the children while using a golf cart.

I told them yes - since a golf cart is a registered motor vehicle, the same rules apply as they woud for a car. Am I right? I got a snarky look from her when I said this.

Kelly G

Postby Kelly G » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:50 pm

I honestly don't know the rules for this, but I can't recall ever seeing a car seat on the carts, I don't know how they would attach it, the seats have one giant belt for two. Some don't even have complete buckels. The one I was on the other weekend only had one side of the belt. (so I just hung on to it....like that would have done any good....lol) But I'm sure someone on here can answer this for you.

mobay

Postby mobay » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:30 pm

I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:27 am

I have seen it both ways, the one year old I would put in a seat either way though.

They mostly have the same rules as cars there, no drinking, use a turn signal, etc...

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:25 pm

A "SNARKY" look, I luv that word!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Return to “General Topics”