Camping Suggestions? (where alcohol won't be a problem!!!!!)

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

nirradical

Camping Suggestions? (where alcohol won't be a problem!!!!!)

Post by nirradical » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have only been to PIB once since being of legal drinking age (was there a couple times as a kid but I don't think that really counts). It's nice to see so many die-hard Put In Bay people on this forum, so I hope all you experienced PIB'ers can help me out a bit.

We have a group of about 12 mid-20's partiers coming to PIB Aug. 19-21, where we will be camping Friday & Saturday nights. I reserved 2 campsites at the State Park, but now we are questioning their alcohol policy. We plan on bringing a van over on the ferry loaded with food/drinks/beer, enough to last the weekend, which we will park at our campsite. We will probably hang out at the campground & drink during the day, and definitely be partying it up in the evening/night/morning at the bars. (how late are the bars open anyways?)

Has anyone had any experience camping/bringing alcohol into the State Park? I called and asked, they said you aren't allowed to have alcohol in the park. I read a posting from someone in the forum that sounded like people have snuck beer into the park. How risky is that, especially since it will be a rather large group? Even if we did that would we need to keep it hidden in the tent? I also called the other (private) campground, Fox's Den, they do not have an alcohol policy but do not take reservations on the weekends. It's first-come, first serve. I wouldn't want to cancel our reservations at the State Park only to find that Fox's Den is completely booked that weekend.

A majority of our group are PIB virgins, so we want to have a good lasting impression, have a crazy time and not run into any problems. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!

-Darrin

Taz

Post by Taz » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:40 pm

PM TSwalker, he can give you a full run down on the parks.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

tswalker

Post by tswalker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:39 pm

Hello doint worry about it just put it in cups and doint leave it in the open we take it with us, have a good time Im not sure but we might be there that weekend. :lol:
we love pib

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:03 am

A lot of bars close at 12:30, but there are plenty open after that, until 2-2:30 I believe.

unit

Post by unit » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:55 pm

Our group has been at the State Campground many, many times. We have found that if you keep the noise down and don't flaunt the alcohol (so to speak) you will have no problem. Drink out of cups and don't leave the cans or bottles laying around, you should be fine.

nirradical

Post by nirradical » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:21 am

I appreciate the replies. We are a lot less worried now. We look forward to a crazy weekend!!!

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:28 pm

Yeah, As long as you don't act like a jack-ass, you'll be fine. I have walked aroudn with a glass of bacardi and diet on the docks before, and you can't tell.
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

CincySteve38

Post by CincySteve38 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:35 am

2 years ago, the park narc was a real ass. He wouldn't allow anybody who wasn't registered in the park. You had to wait until he made his rounds to bring friends thru the gate. Don't leave the beer cans out.