Training

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

WCM

Training

Post by WCM » Tue May 31, 2005 12:05 pm

Well, my friends and I are making the trip from Dallas to the Island for 4th of July (Thu-Tue). Two of them have never been there before. I have been trying to set expectations as best I can (which I have found in the past, it's not really possible...like trying to explain what sex is like to a virgin).

With the benfit of a 3 day weekend, I thought a mini PIB training class was in order. Basically this consisted of drinking all day without passing out - voluntarily or involuntarily - before the bars close. I would normally try to include "not vomiting" but I think if you vomit yet keep drinking, that's ok. Drinking games and shots were encouraged and I thought a good portion of the day needed to be spent in the sun (which didn't quite work out b/c it rained all weekend in Dallas).

I would say this was completed with a 90% success rate, but wanted to get any feedback on other "training courses" we should go through before the main event. We essentially have a month - with a wedding one of the weekends in June, which I think could be good material - before we make the trip. So 3 open weekends. Thoughts?

Taz

Post by Taz » Tue May 31, 2005 7:31 pm

Quarters and Flip-Cup is always fun, or up and down the river.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:29 pm

We played flip cup at the winery, bad idea!

I also juggled there, I need to mention that I am not very good at juggling bottles! :D

WCM

Post by WCM » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:26 pm

hmmm...I think the basic answer is we need to play drinking games with wine and or liquor...thanks!

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:22 pm

We should be up that weekend, I'll know more when it gets closer.

erikwithak

Post by erikwithak » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:06 pm

The best drinking game ever: Zuma, Zuma. There's a bunch of different names for it, but the idea is simple:

Everyone sits in a circle, and is assigned a number, and Zuma Zuma is zero, the person to the left of them is 1, then 2, etc....

You basically have to keep rhythym.."Zuma Zuma, 1, 1" - then 1 would have to repeat their number and choose a different number (1,1, 6,6), and whoever is #6 would have to do the same thing....and if you throw off the rhythym then you have to drink while everyone sings (depending if they are m/f):

"Here's to brother/sister <name>, brother/sister <name>, brother/sister <name>, here's to brother/sister <name>, they're drinking tonight. S/he's happy, s/he's jolly, s/he's phucked up by golly, so drink mofo/biotch drink, drink mofo/biotch drink!"

Really hard to explain and you just have to experience it for yourself i guess haha.. I thought it was the most retarded game when I first saw it played, but then, once you play it....oh man...fasten your seatbelt.

You'll see House #98 and 99 playing this this year ...stop by and watch haha
Losers make excuses, winners make it happen

jlobe2112

Post by jlobe2112 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:33 pm

When Cheergirl and I come up, I want to come play!!!
A friend's quote, "Don't sweat the petty stuff... pet the sweaty stuff!"

Taz

Post by Taz » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:43 pm

What a surprise, LOL............ When's your next trip up?

jlobe2112

Post by jlobe2112 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:10 pm

We're going to make our next appearance on June 25. We're going to hopefully meet up with erikwithak and his friends. I really wanna check out this new game!! So, we probably will be stopping down to play with you guys! I hope you're up for the challenge!!

After that we're coming up Xmas in July. We've also been told to reserve Halloween (even though that's years away from now!!).
A friend's quote, "Don't sweat the petty stuff... pet the sweaty stuff!"