Question?

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

pixi318

Question?

Postby pixi318 » Mon May 02, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if they have any job openings there with housing avaliable? I was a Marine, 23 and I am a hard worker!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue May 03, 2005 12:05 pm

Go on the putinbay.com website and click on the hotels and restaurant websites, there are a few with job apps on them.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Tue May 03, 2005 12:05 pm

I would check with the establishments to see if they are hiring. I would think most places would have their help by now, but they probably have a decent turnover and hire all summer.

islander

Postby islander » Wed May 04, 2005 11:16 am

If you enjoy working out side, I would recommend giving De Rivera Park (the park down town) and B dock a call. Ask for Tom. There is limited housing, but a Marine would be right up Tom's alley, he would probably hire you on the spot with out an interview!
Not to mention I've had just about every type of job you could have on the island and working there was by far the most fun job I've ever had. Taking care of the park is very rewarding, but the best is being a dock master on B dock, it gets the most regular boaters and you can meet lots and lots of great people who come almost every weekend. I'm still friends with many of my old regular boaters. There are great tips to be made, not uncommon to get a $50 to 100 dollar tip from one boat, plus other types of tips, food, go to the bar when there are a bunch of boaters there and you rarely have to buy a drink, they'll bring you all kinds of gifts. You'll have a great tan...but really the best of all is the friends you'll meet down there, the boaters really are great people.
But whatever you would choose to do on the island you'll have fun, the employers all do lots of nice things for the employees and all the summer help is so nice. You can't go wrong working on the island for the summer.

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:54 pm

Awww.. The memories...I think those tips also included an occasional blast over the Kelly's Island a time or two. You were the best dockmaster we had. Look me up the next time you are on the island.

islander

Postby islander » Mon May 09, 2005 10:01 pm

Ah, more than just a trip or two to Kelly's. Fun, Fun, Fun...oh did I mention how much fun! However we best just leave it at that. (I could still get in trouble!! And so could you...)
Already been back, went home for a couple of days, both places if you know what I mean, I come and go often on the sly. But now the baby is bigger, so I'm back out in public, sorry about your luck...

Return to “General Topics”