HI everyone, I am back!Have a question for ya

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

saracoburn

HI everyone, I am back!Have a question for ya

Postby saracoburn » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:13 pm

Well I am going to start to plan my first trip to PIB this weekend and have a few questions for ya :D I was wondering if I should take the Jet Express to get there or the ferry.What are the differences?How long does it take to get to the island on both?And last but not least do I really need to rent a golf cart or is walking okay?I am going to stay at a hotel and eating at alot of the restaurants,but I will also be on the other side of the island renting wave runners and such.Thanks everyone!!!
I've done dumber things sober

mobay

Postby mobay » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:20 pm

There are two differences. One is the jet is quicker (and warmer). The second is the jet runs later. Unless the Miller Ferry schedule changed thier last departure from the island is 10pm.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:37 am

Miller Ferry is cheaper though. (although I have never taken either)

You don't have to get a cart, you can walk around town. It's much easier to walk around without having to park the cart everywhere, plus if you need to go to the other side of the island there are 2 and 3 buck cabs and Limo's.

There are a bunch of good places to eat, there is an old thread regarding that.

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:34 am

I have taken both and actually they take just about the same amount of time to get across to the island. I think the Jet is 15 minutes and the Miller 18 minutes.

The Jet is like $12 per way and the Miller $6.50 per way. You have free parking at the Miller and it costs at the Jet so in my opinion it is a no brainer, take the Miller!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:55 am

I prefer the Miller Ferry myself... the jet makes me sick... and it's not quicker... to me, it takes longer....
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

islander

Postby islander » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:02 pm

The Miller is cheaper all the way around (I think the Jet might be raising their prices this year but I could be wrong as I never take the Jet), but if you take the Miller you'll want to get the bus or take a taxi to town. The Miller dock is on the other side of the island from town and would take about an 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to walk to. On a real hot day carrying a bunch of stuff it could take even longer and there isn't much shade along the way.
Both Miller Boat Line and The PIB Jet Express have web pages.

Birdsnestresort

ya

Postby Birdsnestresort » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:26 pm

i recomemend taking the miller simply because the prices are better. i have hardly ever ridden the jet but i remember it taking just about the same amount of time. also, u can't take vehicles across on the jet. im not sure about bikes either. miller allows both. for the golf cart issue, it all depends. If your going to be moving from bars to the docks, the monument and other attractions then i think getting a cart is the way to go. they normally go for about 60 dollars for the day (depending on where u rent from). but if ur gonna be down deleware ave. all day (AKA "Downtown PIB") then just walk. You should have a great time anyway u go though.

P.S. I'm going up for a second time this year this weekend(april 29-may 1st) Can't wait.

saracoburn

Postby saracoburn » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:42 pm

Thanks everyone!I will keep all of that in mind.If I need to take my car then I know which one I will do haha.Other then that I think I am going for whats cheap and easy.I might rent a cart for a day,but I think I will be fine walking 8) Gotta burn off some of those beer calories hehe.Just kidding.....I do shots! :wink:

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:03 am

Hey Sara, great to see you posting again. If you're doing cheap and easy your gonna love us, Mills will back me on that, LOL.....(kidding, mostly)
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

saracoburn

Postby saracoburn » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:56 am

Hehehehe :D Cheap and easy is what I plan on :wink: Aaaaaa after this stupid weather,I can't wait to just get there and have fun!

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:56 pm

This has definitely been a harsh winter.

saracoburn

Postby saracoburn » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:18 pm

This winter has totally sucked! I want tank tops and mini skirt weather hehe :wink:

lake-erie-pirate

Postby lake-erie-pirate » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:16 pm

Me too!
:wink:

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:45 pm

Oh Yea! :wink:

saracoburn

Postby saracoburn » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:15 pm

Hehe,yes I can't wait to see you two in Tanks and minis lol :wink:

Return to “General Topics”