A gift from pbosak

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Steph

Postby Steph » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:24 pm

Been there, done that!! and don't think i've been back there since?!

candita4

Postby candita4 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm

First of all, it's junk wine aged about two days. Most of the people you see getting sick are beer drinkers who think they can drink as much wine, as they can beer. Bad move!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:00 am

It's not 100 dollar bottle sof wine, no, but it's good wine for hanging out and getting drunk.

It's just a sore subject, no offense to you candita, here is the story,,,,,

We were there on vacation last year and we had this girl we went to high school with meet us there, well some stuck up friends from her work showed up, and they wanted to go to the winery because they had never been, so I took them, I bought 2 bottles of wine, one red and one white and some cheese and crackers, they kept complaining that the wine was too inexpensive and that, get this, they were unhappy the cheese and crackers came on a paper plate, as they quickly took care of drinking all the wine and eating all the cheese and crackers, they continued to complain how it's not as nice as their country clubs and cr@p. I was embarrased to be sitting with them and sat in amazement as they complained and whined. So I excused myself and they thought I was going to the bathroom, I grabbed the limo cab out front and left.

Later on that night they came back and said that the boat they came on left,,,,,,,,,,,oh, by the way they drank all of my beer earlier also,,without asking,,,,,,,,,,so their boat was gone and they wanted to sleep on Matt's, the boat was already full, but we could fit more PIB people even if I have to stack them on top of eachother and I sleep on the bow, these were not PIB people, I told them good luck finding a hotel, it was 3am, ha, I think they dished out 2-3 hundy for it. :wink:

But hey, they talked about how much money they had all day, that shouldn't have been anything to them, oh but did they complain.

All they talked about was this huge yacht they came on, I guess the people on the yacht didn't like them either,,,lucky for them, my friend who worked with them had drove there and took the ferry, so she took them home.

FYI - My cooler is open to people on Baytalk, no questions asked.

Baywatch

Postby Baywatch » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:03 pm

Wow Mr. Kay, you went above and beyond being hospitable, especially with people you didn't know. It never ceases to amaze me how rude and ungracious people can be.
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."

candita4

Postby candita4 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:45 pm

Mr Kay; No offense taken. Years ago when you could still drink on the docks, I came out one morning with a bowl of corn flakes. There were many sick people on the morning after a all day wine party at the winery on Middle Bass. I started pouring red wine on my corn flakes and watched a whole bunch of them head for the side of the dock. I think they were all beer drinkers. My only point was you can't drink a six pack of wine as most people find out.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:36 pm

Good point about the winery Mr. Kay. You're in for a rude awakening if you go to the winery expecting to find the best wine in the world. It's very inexpensive in my opinion. About $7 a bottle unless you like the Ice wine, then it's $25 a bottle. It's a great place to hang out and have a good time. I don't go there every trip, but I go a couple times a year. They don't seem to have the same tolerance for rowdy people as the bars do. My group almost got kicked out several times because of our behavior (Of course I wasn't doing anything). Like candita4 ,I have seen many people get sick as a dog on the wine. I strictly limit myself to 2 bottles. I'm a beer drinker and realize that you cannot drink wine like beer.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:25 am

Yeah you can't drink it like beer cause wine gives you one very bad hangover.
I like going to the winery in the colder months, I will definitely be going over Memorial Day.

YOu could drink on the docks?

They aren't too bad about it from my ecperience now, they just ask you to get back on a boat, I like my traveler around my neck though, it's one of those don't ask don't tell things I guess because I have never been stopped and asked what was in it.

candita4

Postby candita4 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:26 am

Mr. Kay; Thanks for the radio station link, it's great.

You could drink on the dock's for years. Talk about some parties! The local police used to put plain clothes officers on the dock to try and get you to step one foot off of the dock with a drink in your hand. At that point you got hauled off to the motel with bars to await your fate.
i remember one female officer that they had on the dock wearing a tan trench coat. Her antena for her police radio was sticking up out of the coat behind her ear and she didn't know it. She would start talking to you on the docks and then start working her way back to the street. If you set one foot on the street out came the hand cuffs.

Years ago they used to take sailboats, put the sails out and show smoker movies on them at the docks.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:48 am

I would've thrown them in the water in the middle of the night to teach them a lesson.. I hate ungrateful people... I will come back to bite them in the ass
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:17 pm

... I will come back to bite them in the ass

I am sure you didn't mean it like this, but picturing it gave me quite a chuckle.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:54 pm

ha ha ha... that gave me quite a chuckle too... I didn't even notice that I did that... Maybe if it were some nice looking guys, then i would've said that!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:19 pm

I'm with you there Bullette. Can't resist a nice booty :wink:

I had some great wine a couple nights ago at carrabas (sp?). It was a Pinot Grigo (sp? again). It was probably the most expensive stuff I've had. It was $31 a bottle! Definitely blew my per diem for the day on that dinner!

Very interesting stuff candita! What's a smoker movie?
Becky & Adam
Seas the Bay

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:48 pm

Cheech and Chong come to mind on that!

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:22 pm

Ah, those were the days.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

candita4

Postby candita4 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:13 pm

Cabin Girl; Tell me you don't know what a smoker movie is?

Return to “General Topics”