A gift from pbosak

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:11 pm

Dino, it will be worth the cost though. Not all places are $5 a beer because most places sell 12 oz beers (although Frosty's sells a huge Corona), not the 16 oz beers the Beer Barrel sells. No place is cheap though, but you will have a blast. My guess is it will not be getting drunk or passing out that will prevent you from finishing your round of golf, but the scenery in some of the bars and the fun you'll be having. You will not want to leave. Look at it this way though...you cannot lose.

DINO

Postby DINO » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:07 pm

PBOSAK,

Sounds like a win/win to me. Wait a minute, are you talking about the scenery that CabinGirl was talking about (view of the lake) or are you talking about, um, err, structural buildings, such as brick houses?
No Longer a PIB Virgin

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:33 pm

Dino,
You obviously know what kind of scenery I'm talking about and you will not be disappointed. Plenty of brick houses to keep your mind off the golfing. Make sure you hit the pool parties as well as the bars. You're right though, it is a win/win situation. One trip is never enough though so look into multiple trip discounts with the airlines. With any luck, you'll actually remember one of your trips :D

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:17 pm

I've been going up for ten years and I barely remember enough from all of them to add up to one full trip, LOL.............
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Captain Morgan

Postby Captain Morgan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:55 pm

:roll: OK, I give! The Blue Iguana and Joe's? I'll need geographical help on these two! Thought I had been to every bar on the Island. Also, isn't there a little beer bar up from the Brewery called Toni's?
Peace- Captain Morgan

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:06 pm

Yes! I didn't go to Toni's until last season because I thought it was abandoned. I met the owner one late night last year and she was very nice. It is not a place to get smashed at though, very laid back. A lot like the brewery is during the day. They serve coke in glass bottles too, very cool.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:01 am

I didn't hit Joe's till last year.
We were on a vacation and driving to the skyway and we saw it and turned in because we were witha guy named Joe.
They have really good sloppy Joe's that are premade and you can order a drink and a sloppy joe, very good.
It's small and looks like it's got it's regular crowd, they were all really nice.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:15 am

The Blue Iguana is a bar inside the G rand I slander hotel. Tony's is a local bar next to the Brewery and like mobay said usually is not wild and laid back.

I am confused as to where Joe's is though :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:17 am

It's at the intersection by the golf course I believe, although I had a few drinks in me already, it's just a small place.

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:22 am

Yes, it's right there next to the course. Isn't it a red barn-type building? It's easy to spot. I remember seeing it while riding in the golf cart.
Becky & Adam
Seas the Bay

Taz

Postby Taz » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:26 pm

I'll stick to the ones on the main strip, less stagger distance.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:02 pm

Thats what designated drivers are for!!!
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:51 am

Joe's just opened in 2004. It used to be a beverage/camping supply store.

mobay

Postby mobay » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:55 am

I have added 7 more photos provided by Baywatch, brining to total to 28. I promise I will try to make them easier to view and download. Just have to make time to get around to it.

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:55 am

pbosak wrote:Definitely go to the winery. You'll get the full PIB experience there. Can't tell you how many people I've seen that have gotten sick there. Apparently the wine goes down really easy and sneaks up on you.

Has anybody ever tried any drinks from that little stand outside the Boardwalk....the place that sells frozen drinks and smoothies?

Yep the wine can sure sneak up on you! :lol: But it's hard to stick to just one bottle, especially when it's a sunny Friday and you just bolted from the office to go to the Bay!

Return to “General Topics”