A gift from pbosak

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:42 pm

I left the Brewery out b/c that is late night mostly and figured he would be doing his pub crawl in the afternoon/early evening. It is definatly the place to be for after hours though!!

Kay, Gazeebo is next to The Crescent Tavern with the unbrella's next to Z's BBQ. Now do you remember?

Let's see more bars.....Pasquale's, The Blue Iguana, Tipper's, Crescent Tavern, and Skyway are a few that are more linked to resturaunts than bars, but to qualify.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:36 pm

WOW, miss a day and you miss a lot. Funny how things get busy here when summer gets closer. Yea baby!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

DINO

BAR GOLF

Postby DINO » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:01 pm

CabinGirl, so you’re saying you and Bullette are going to be the measurers, not the measurees. Understand now. Bar golf, I’m sure, is played with a few different formats. We started playing for the sole purpose of getting familiar with as many bars as we could in a short, regimented amount of time. NOT for getting drunk, but it does happen from time to time. You start at a bar at one end of town and have your beverage of choice. With us, it’s beer. Every third hole (bar), you have to have your drink AND a shot of anything 80 proof. You continue this until (1) you finish your round (usually 18 ‘holes’) (2) you quit in which case, you must do a shot before leaving, regardless of which hole you’re on. Or (3), you pass out. Personally, I’ve played 8 times and finished all 18 three times….without passing out. A leisure round usually takes about 5 or 6 hours to play, depending on the proximity of the ‘holes’. Come out in August and we’ll play a round of 9 holes.

DINO

Postby DINO » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:09 pm

Thanks MILLS! I copied your list and will take it on our andventure. Damn, from the web sites I've checked out on PIB, there didn't seem to be that many bars. I think I may have found my summer home! About the boat docks....can anybody get on the docks or is it just for the parties with a boat? We were thinking about dragging our boat out there from Lake Havesue, but that's a long haul for a place we know nothing about. Maybe next year if all goes well. And the pool parties at the [banned] and PIB Resort, are they only for people who are staying there or can any hoedad plop in?

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:52 am

I have more photos added, which were courtesy of Baywatch. The link is the same, http://www.tyfu.com/pib/xmas.html. The page is probably starting to crawl when downloading, so I will put some thought into a different way to show them all if any further photos get added.

And needless to say, there are yet more photos of Mills with his arm around the ladies. I think there may even be one of him kissing babies as well.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:14 am

Dino, anyoone can go party on the docks, your suppose to not have a drink on the docks but we do sometimes, just meet some people and they will let you party with them, I am sure some people fromt he board will let you come have some drinks and enjoy the festivities.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:35 am

Great job posting the pictures Mobay. Great job Baywatch.

Dino, start saving your money now for the bar golf game. While the island is a blast and you'll have the time of your life, it is also very expensive if you're planning on doing a lot of drinking in the bars. Of course expensive is a relative term and it may be cheap compared to where you're from. I think the Beer Barrel (or the Rear Barrel as Mobay calls it) charges $5.00 for a beer (16 oz). Of course if you're coming all the way from California, once you get to the island is no time to be cheap.

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:49 am

Dino, I love the 18 holes of golf (beer golf)!!! I am going to try it sometime here in Cincinnati!! I will let you know if I finish or not!! I have been training for years and feel decently confident I can finish!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:54 am

Mobay, I just checked out your update and saw you have a pictuer of the baby pool that I was doing belly smackers in from the dock!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:34 am

I saw that one! I am surprised you guys didnt break your neck doing that!
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:57 am

You did bust your lip didn't you Mills?

Thanks for explaining bar golf Dino. Sounds great although I'd probably be one that bows out (or passes out) early! Not sure if I'll be there that weekend or not. We'll see!
Becky & Adam
Seas the Bay

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:02 am

No busted lip I just brusied my right hip pretty bad, but it is all good now :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:12 am

Yeah, if you missed Mills and his friends it was crazy. Picture the guy in every single photo except for 2 doing into a backflip into an toddler sized inflatable pool with barely any water in it. There was no splash, just a "thud" sound and a bunch of guys saying "dude!"

Didnt you do one while drinking a beer too?

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:10 am

Yea I think I did do a belly flop with a beer in my hand one time, hard to remember to tell you the truth,but that does sound about right :? !!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

DINO

Postby DINO » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:14 am

CabinGirl, don't feel bad about not being able to finish a round of 18. There have been many women who started a round with us thinking they could hang with the big dogs, and to my recolection, just 1 has finished. Man, could she drink.

PBOSAK, yes, bar golf can cost a pretty penny and with beers going for $5.00!, that's expensive wherever you are in the states. With my limited skills mathmatics, I figure a round to cost somewhere in the range of $150, including tips and shots. Damn, I need to find a different hobby.

Return to “General Topics”