A gift from pbosak

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

mgw

Post by mgw » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:34 pm

Looks like the docks are the place to party! Group of girls coming up the last weekend in June. Would like to check out the docks, but not sure which dock to go to and a little shy about walking up to a boat full of people we don't know. We have been coming up to the bay for a couple of years now and have never partied on the docks!!! Looks like a blast!

DINO

Post by DINO » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:54 pm

Wow, you can tell I'm a rookie. I sent a post and it didn't show.

Mister Kay, thanks for the info. We're staying at the PIB Resort, so according to Mills, that seems like a good place? You said that the bars stay open until about 12:30. More import, what time do they open??? We've been waiting to try out PIB for about 4 years now since I saw a little story about the place on the Travel Channel. Specifically the 410' bar. We'll start the binge drinking/training around July 1st. Our engines will be purring and running like a NASCAR motor without restrictor plates.

MOBAY.....sorry.

pureamy

Post by pureamy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:04 pm

OK.....this should be called "Boob Talk". Why doesn't the female population disscuss the size of the snakes (or worms) in some of the males pants?? I find it amusing how easy the male race can be.....easy being the word!! By the way, some of the most beautiful women in the world do not have a big bust. Although it makes some shirts and dresses fit better!!!
Candita4- I know what you mean......a picture can be worth a thousand words.........by the way............!

candita4

Post by candita4 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:44 pm

Amy; You should try posting a picture. Most of the board has no idea how good looking you are. As as I say, One picture!

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:43 pm

I'm with ya Amy.

Bullette, I'll let you know. You'll be pretty impressed I'm sure :wink:

DINO - you and your friends will have an awesome time. Just take advantage of all the Island has to offer and you can't go wrong. Don't forget to look out at the lake - it's beautiful!
Becky & Adam
Seas the Bay

mobay

Post by mobay » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:54 pm

Uh oh, I think I ruffled amy's feathers.

This topic could be a thread all to itself, and I don't think my contribution to it would be very popular with the females.

Dino - Apology accepted, welcome to the board!
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

jojolion

Post by jojolion » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:26 pm

I second that pureamy lets take a vote.

Who has the biggest worm?

I would not know I have only been flashed once at the bay and he was nothing to write home about :lol:

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:52 am

Oh yeah, Cabin Girl and I are going to go around and measure ourselves! hmmmm.... I have my ideas though!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:57 am

Dino,

The PIB resort is new this year but sounds like a good party and they are going to have a swim up bar and pool which is key.
I have never heard of the 410 bar, but I seem to find a new bar everyyear.

I found Joe's last year and it was a good time.

There are plenty of bars and stuff to do, if you get there on a weekday go rent the mopeds, they go fast so the weekday or sometime early is the only time to rent them.

The bars are open early, I get mamossa's or bloody mary's with the breakfast buffet if that tells you anything, but the admin on this board will know more.

Sundays is the only hold-out day, beer at noon and booze at 1 or something crazy like that, I forget.

VERY IMPORTANT ------ THERE IS ONE THING ABOUT THE ISLAND BOOZE THAT JUST IS PLAIN WEIRD. IT'S ALWAYS POSTED THAT THERE IS NO BOOZE STORE (JUST BEER) ON THE ISLAND, THIS IS NOT TRUE, THERE IS A BOOZE STORE, BUT THE KICKER IS THAT ALL OF THE BOOZE IS HALF THE PROOF OF REGULAR ALCOHOL AND MOST IS NOT NAMED BRAND. YOU CAN BUY A HALF GALLON OF VODKA BUT IT'S 40 PROOF INSTEAD OF 80 PROOF, SO BUY IT SOMEWHERE ELSE OR JUST ADD DOUBLE THE AMOUNT. THE BOOZE IN THE BARS IS THE REG 80 PROOF STUFF THOUGH.

Mills

Post by Mills » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:57 am

Candita4 is right I have met Amy before and she is very pretty!!!

Secondly, girls do talk about "snakes" as Amy put it b/c I am friends with many girls and they are just as bad as me or any other guy actually :shock: !!

Jojo as for who has the biggest I don't know and don't want to see! However, I think this topic has been discussed by Bullette and Cabingirl taking measurements this summer.

Dino, Definatly make sure you do a pub crawl to all the bars to get the whole experience. However, the Beer Barrel is not even close to the best bar up there! Frosty's, Mr. Ed's, Boathouse, and Roundhouse are all much better bars!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:01 am

THERE IS A ROUNDHOUES PARTY AT THE DETROIT YACHT CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT, I THINK MATT IS GOING BUT I AM STILL DEBATING, I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT BAND FROM THE ROUNDHOUSE IS PLAYING AND THEN YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO,,,,AS I DON'T KNOW ALL OF THE BANDS BUT YOU OHIO PEOPLE SHOULD MIGHT THEM BETTER.

Mills

Post by Mills » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:02 am

Mr. Kay he is talking about the Worlds largest bar The Beer Barrel which is around 400 foot like he said.

So bullette who is your early choice to win this one????
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

Post by mobay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:09 am

I would argue that the Rear Barrel is not the worlds longest bar, and that they are milking an appearance they made in the Guiness Book years ago for all they can get.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:20 am

Ahh, I knew they were the longest abr but didn't not know the footage, I have a good time there and met a lot of people there. I go there and hang out and I like Pat Daily so........

But I also like everybar so....

But do get into the barrel before cover, but either way it's a good time.
It also helps if you know a bartender................Bullette.

JETMAN

Docks

Post by JETMAN » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:24 am

MGW , you don't have to be shy at the bay. The docks are where the party is , I'll be on B dock that weekend on my boat , your group is more than welcome to come down and party. If your going to be free the last weekend in july, you have to try Xmas in july. You will never be the same.
What happens at the bay stays at the bay!