Ice

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Bluto

Ice

Postby Bluto » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:55 am

Question for an [banned].
How does the ice look?
Has it broken up or is it still solid?
Bluto

islander

ice

Postby islander » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:57 pm

Here is the report, she is still locked in between the islands, got a little "punky" earlier in the week with the warm weather. Lots of big suck wholes then too, water pushing up through all over the place as you skirt around them. But it set up enough to go back out. Open water has been spotted, but not between the islands yet.
Fishing has been hot in places, they have been killing them in the channel between North and Middle Bass. Two days ago a North Bass resident took in a 14 pounder! Thats a big fish.
If you plan to go, don't with out a guide. This time of year the currents start to run and that causes the ice to thin in those areas. You hit one of those spots you can count on one heck of a cold dip. However should that happen being cold would be the least of worries......

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:18 pm

That is so weird a person cannot even say [banned] when referring to a person who lives on the island and not the hotel!! I mean I totally understand the owners not wanting to advertize for them, but that is taking it a little far in my opinion!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:24 pm

Try Island Resident. No way for the PHP board to interpret meaning or context. :idea:

Taz

Postby Taz » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:57 pm

The filter picks out the word, not how its used in context.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Return to “General Topics”