Bullette's Dad

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Taz

Postby Taz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:26 pm

And as for that under the table thing, its obvious you haven't tipped any with Mills or myself, we'll have to remedy that.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Lavonne

Postby Lavonne » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:14 am

Nope I haven't and by the sounds of it, yeah you'd drink me WAY under the table and then some probably!!! I just thought it was cute!!!! But hey, we can remedy that. As long as you don't say your going to be there and not acutally be there :cry: Just kiddin with ya. Anywayz, I'll be there July 4th weekend, so I'm sure you guys will be there as well. We'll tip a few back together!!! Maybe you guys could introduce me to the others. I have a problem with initiating conversation. I'm a shy one!!! :P
~Drink what you want, Drink what your able. But if your drinkin with me, you'll be under the table~

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:29 am

New update: We had the CT scan on Monday... The tumor has shrunk. We don't know how much or anything else. We weren't given a new time line for him either. So this is some new hope. However, they are stopping the Chemo. His red blood count is low, and he's now anemic, causing breathing problems... He had two blood tranfusions (i like to call them oil changes) this week, and if they can stabilize the red blood count, they might run chemo again in the future. His bone marrow is so battered from his heart disease, that chemo is so hard on him.... I'll keep you all posted as I hear more! I'm wondering if he's going to grow his hair back or not. I kind of like the Uncle Fester look on him... lol....
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:20 pm

So there's a new update for anyone following... My dad's difibrillator shocked him 13 times this morning... His heart was stopping... He got to fly in life flight this morning... Mom went too... i asked if she wore her crash helmet cause it was her first flight ever... even on a plane... Things have calmed down... he'll be in the hospital for the weekend atleast... They will cardiovert him on monday (put his heart back to a normal beat)... So that's it for now... hopefully i'll have good updates from here on in!

candita4

Postby candita4 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:10 pm

Sorry girl. Best wishes from everybody aboard the candita4.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:13 pm

THanks! I'll be seeing you guys this year if it kills me... More trips up there are in order!

pureamy

Postby pureamy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:07 pm

Hope things are getting better! I watched my Father go through hell......

Lavonne

Postby Lavonne » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:52 am

Bullette:
How is everything going??? I was just sitting here at work wondering!!! Hope all is good your way!
~Drink what you want, Drink what your able. But if your drinkin with me, you'll be under the table~

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:52 am

Hmmm... Well, things are crazy right now. He's still in the hospital, and he will be coming home with hospice... we have decided to over haul their kitchen and house. We are getting new appliances tomorrow, and the kitchen should be done. We cleaned out the garage and spare room. He's a terrible pack rat, and collects useless junk. He's gonna be mad when he sees the 40 yard dumpster in the drive way when he gets home. Overall, he seems to be doing well. His spirits are good since they moved him to the hospice wing. He likes the food a little too much. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gained 20 pounds. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to visit him with all that's going on with the house. I've almost slipped a few times! lol... I'll keep you all posted though!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:55 pm

This should be one of the few last updates from me. The hospice nurse told us today that he has about 3 days left... I have never felt such pain like this before in my life, and I hope that I will never have to again... He has just gone completely down hill from the day this all started... I will keep you all updated in the next few days... Just pray that he goes in his sleep, and that he's dreaming of his family... :cry:

mgw

Postby mgw » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:09 am

Bullette,

You don't know me, but I am a board member, just don't chat very often. However, I wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for your family. I went through the same thing with my [banned] and cancer. He was in Hospice here in Cincinnati. My thoughts and prayers are with your mom and family.

mgw

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:08 pm

Bullette,
I just started reading all the posts for the first time since last summer, and this is horrible news. I am so sorry for you and your family. In times like this, there are no words to take away the pain. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you go through this difficult time.

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:51 pm

My heart goes out to you Bullette. You are in my prayers. Sorry to hear you went through the same thing too mgw. It happens too often...

Kelly G

Postby Kelly G » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:53 pm

Hang in there Nancy! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:33 pm

Bullette I will say a prayer for your you and your family. Keep your head up and try and remember the good times!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “General Topics”