Bullette's Dad

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Bullette

Bullette's Dad

Postby Bullette » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:51 am

I know that this has nothing to do with Put In Bay... But it has to do with me... and I have a lot to do with PIB... My dad was admitted to the Cleveland Clinic last week where he is to wait for a new heart... Today I found out that he has been placed on the inactive list... He was placed there while we wait for the results of a biopsy of his lung... There is a spot in it that I am worried might be cancerous... I have had one of the crappiest thanksgivings to date... I just ask you guys to keep him in your thoughts for me... Please pray that it's not cancerous, and that he will be placed back on the waiting list for a heart... This would mean so much to me... It's going to be a long road ahead, but with enough pull, it will be easier! Hopefully, by the kick off of the 2005 season, i'll be able to be up there with no worries!!!I hope you all had a great holiday!

Thanks...
Bullette
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

tipster

Postby tipster » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:30 pm

best wishes to your dad and your entire family at this very tough time. my prayers are out to him for some great news in the near future. keep your head up and your heart open to God.

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:45 pm

All our thoughts and prayers are with you and your father. Please keep us posted.

pureamy

Postby pureamy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:32 pm

My prayers are with you! I strongly believe in prayer and support. I know that you have had alot going on. We need to try and get together!! Just from chatting with you the last few months I know you have had some, health wise, tuff times. It sucks when everyone gets old! If you need to talk, PM me and I'll give you my cell #. Maybe the "Cleveland" gathering NEEDS to be arranged. Some of us have met, and maybe it would be a good support system if we all could set aside some time and get together!!!!!!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:48 am

Thank you to the both of you... It's been a long 2 days... I would never think i would cry so much in my life... He had his biopsy tonight, and we will have results monday or tuesday.... I'm having my tonsils taken out on Monday... So i'm thinking that mom won't give me any information until tuesday... .That will give me enough time to cry over it... Unfortunately, i'm fearing the worst, but hoping for the best... Please... pull for my dad.... THANKS!!!!!

Steph

Postby Steph » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:08 pm

Know we haven't officially met up, but I've got a good feel for what you are going through...thoughts and prayers are with your Dad, you and the rest of family...keep us posted

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:56 am

THanks... of course, the night before my tonsillectomy I can't sleep... Just got back from the Korn concert as well... haven't eaten since 4, and can't eat til i'm able to swallow... looking forward to a popsicle tomorrow! If the results of my dad's biopsy come back tomorrow, my uncle has vowed to tell me... Mom is afraid i will hurt myself after the surgery! i think it's better since i'll zonk out from the pain killers! Thank you all again... I'll be back soon with updates!

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:47 am

Bullette, I will make sure to keep you and your dad in my prayers! You will pull through I know it!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:43 pm

Bullette - this is a huge fear of mine and it's coming true for you - a parent in health trouble. I truly feel for you and am praying that he gets on that active list and gets better. Hopefully your Christmas is better than your Thanksgiving was. Hope your surgery went well too - get healthy over there! It must be all that Cleveland air :wink: See you this coming summer :D

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:38 pm

It is a terrible fear... i've been living in this fear for nearly 19 years.... it makes me stronger though, and we are a close knit family, so we are all there for each and everyone of us... Surgery went well.. I'm amazed that i'm feeling so good... I went under the knife about 830, out by 9, and home at 11:30a... mom took me to the store and bought me a boatload of food... but no chips or pretzels or hard things for 3 weeks... We didn't receive news today about dad.. so hopefully tomorrow...and hopefully it's good.... Thank you all...

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:06 pm

We are pulling for you! What a rough time you're having....I echo Steph - I've never met you but am hoping for the best for you and your family!

pureamy

Postby pureamy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:35 pm

Keep us updated. Its good to hear that everything went well for you. Liquid diets can benefit....especially after Thanksgiving. HA! Ever wonder why crap always happens around the holidays!!??

jojolion

Postby jojolion » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:29 pm

Bullette,

Will say a couple extra prayers for you and your family! The Cleveland Clinic saved my fathers life!!! He has been cancer free for three years! If it wasn't for them he would not be with us today. Your father is in good hands!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:44 pm

Thanks again... Cleveland Clinic is the best, and we are so lucky to live in it's back yard... Unfortunately, we still haven't heard anything back on his biopsy... Hopefully its not cancer, because his body wouldn't support any sort of treatment... Hopefully we will hear tomorrow!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:50 am

:cry: Well, here it is... The bad news.... My mom and uncle came over this morning. As soon as I opened the door, I shook my head and just kept saying no, no, no... Mom just nodded and said the worst 3 words "he has it".... I've lost all faith right now today.... I can't cry because of the tonsillectomy left me so sore... I'll keep you posted on future findings with this... But thanks for your support again... Sorry I had to post such crappy news....

Return to “General Topics”