Cleveland Gathering

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:19 pm

I will probably be there around 11. The tournament starts at 12. I don't know if I am playing yet, waiting for my partner to get back to me but I will go either way just to socialize or maybe play of someone shows up without a partner. If anyone is a euchre fan and would be interested send me a PM and I could tell you more. I think they stop serving brunch around 11:30 or 12 so I definatly would be there before then.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:06 am

I would play if I was closer. I'm always up for euchre! Good luck if you do end up playing.

mobay

Postby mobay » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:39 am

Went to McCarthy's in Lakewood for the first time tonight, and saw that next saturday the websters were going to be there playing. Thought some of you might be interested in that.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:41 pm

Mobay who was the band that was playing at McCarthys when you were there on Saturday night?
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:38 pm

Punch the Clown was there last saturdays at the McCarthys in Lakewood. I have heard them before, and am not a big fan of theirs.

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:49 am

Not sure what you party people have planned for St. Patricks day, but if you want to get together that would be the day. I'll be at Flannery's starting at 6:30 am and will probably be there until 5 or so. If anyone is going to be downtown stop by and say hi!

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:53 pm

I think we are going to be at the house of blues for Brian and Joe, but I'll try and swing by for a while.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 pm

I think we were planning on going there, but not until later in the day. Like 5 or 6 pm.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:00 am

Unfortunately, I'll be at work that day. It's my turn to cover the phones this year for my co-worker. I'll be out partying for the week long festivities of my birthday... coming to an end Saturday night!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:10 am

So how were the St Patty's day festivities? Anyone awake yet :wink:
Becky & Adam
Seas the Bay

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:29 am

St. Patty's day wasn't fun this year... I watched my dad sleep... although, in his sleep, he was talking about my brother carrying around a container of peanut butter... that was the highlight of my night. Cleveland had checkpoints all over the place. It was insane.... I'll be doing it up tomorrow night for the big 25... I probably should renew my license in the morning... :lol:
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

mobay

Postby mobay » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:32 am

It was great. I was at Flannery's at 6:30 am. We stayed 10 hours, then walked to the lizard for dinner. After dinner we went to the House of Blues, then over to meet another friend at the Blind Pig. I left there around 10 and walked home.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:25 am

Must be nice not to drink Mobay. I could not imagine being in a bar for 10 hours AND remembering it the next day....especially without a hangover.

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:45 am

We had NCAA tickets and pretty much lived at the Wolstein Center all day and night - lots of really great basketball!

From what we saw when we walked through downtown between sessions, though, everyone else had a great St. Patty's day!

Bullette's right - we saw one checkpoint on Huron Road by Tower City...wouldn't have wanted to be one of those people! :?

mobay

Postby mobay » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:39 pm

Well my head is pounding today, but thats because of the amount of caffiene I drank.

There was a sobriety check I saw while walking home by my house at the Center Street bridge. But it was pretty quiet down there.

Return to “General Topics”