Is Put in Bay a Good Idea?

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Is this a good place to go with YOUNG children

Yes it Is, Very Child Friendly
47%
No this is a Party Island Very UN child friendly
53%

Total votes: 19

namepod

Postby namepod » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:37 pm

what the elders seem to forget, kids, and when i say kids, i mean age 8 to 18....
1. dont want to hang around parents

2. dont like riding bikes a as family

3. dont like picnicing as a family in a park

4. could careless about butterflies

5 can only play one round of mini golf without getting bored

6. dont want to see the inside of a cave

7. want to be around other kids, like in an arcade

8. dont want to ride a 2 hour tour of the island

9. wont be entertained all day with sites

10. would rather go to cedar point

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:00 pm

Take them to cedar point
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Birdsnestresort

WOW

Postby Birdsnestresort » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:02 pm

Dude, Namepod. I don't know who u r, or how old ur but really, do u know anything about the island? I mean im a 14 year old [banned]... yes, that means i live on the island. and i love it up there. There is so much to do and see and bull kids don't want to see the sites ( who really wants to go to an arcade, thats like the 90's dude.) Put in bay will always be a great kid to be for people of all ages. A child isn't 18 years old or younger anyway. A child would probably be to about 12, then they are teens. But once again, who wouldn't want to live on the island.

~~~Tylaa~~~

islander

Postby islander » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:01 pm

I too was born and raised on the islands, I am lucky enough to say that I have lived on Middle Bass, North Bass, and Put in Bay. Not many can claim that one. But back to the subject, I agree Put in Bay is a great place for kids. Now there might be a few of the bigger weekends that I wouldn't want my child around down town, but all and all its a nice place for families and most weekends are fine for children, its not like you have to take them into the bar, and now there are lots of family things to do and not just down town. Not all the establishments are full blown crazy with drunks. Some places tend to that group and some don't. Nowadays there are places on the island that really are more centered around families. It really is a fun place for all ages. Not to mention there is a freedom there that children don't get on the mainland, its a very safe place for them.

Birdsnestresort

thank u

Postby Birdsnestresort » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:51 pm

Dude, [banned], i totally agree. Kid's have the freedom they want and still will have a fun time with families.

Birdsnestresort

banned?

Postby Birdsnestresort » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:01 pm

hahah in my message they banned the word [banned] and if they ban that, the word was i s l a n d e r. why would ban that word?

mobay

Postby mobay » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:26 pm

Because there is a competing business of that name
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:47 am

'There are quite a few words that will come up as banned... most of us have them all figured out... You'll get used to it
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Taz

Postby Taz » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:27 pm

Just skip a letter somewhere in the middle.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

lovintheview

Postby lovintheview » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:20 pm

I also agree that Put-in-Bay is a great place for kids. I spent many weeks at the Bay as a kid and lived to go back as soon as I got back home. I still do. We used to bike ride, go swimming, go to the arcade ( it was in the Coloneal then), play softball, fish, you name it we did it. You guys should venture out and see the island for what it really is.

Bluto

Postby Bluto » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:08 pm

I would say that under current times I would only bring my family up on Mon-Thursday. There are simply too many party people there on the weekends for me to want to bring kids under 16.
Bluto

Birdsnestresort

yea

Postby Birdsnestresort » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:46 pm

hey loven the view, i totally agree. i live on the island through the summer months and its great, so much room to explore and do what u want. i was just there today and it was as good as ever. Goin back up in two weeks!

Taz

Postby Taz » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:41 pm

Man I can't wait to get up there.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

lovintheview

Postby lovintheview » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:39 am

I love Sunday nights there, almost everyone is gone and you can enjoy the peace of the Island.

rumhunter

KIDS AT THE BAY

Postby rumhunter » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:02 pm

During the week bring the kids, parents, [banned], great aunt Mabel or Father Nick. But Friday afternoon, put them on the Jet, find a good seat at the Round House and enjoy the show.
TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING RUM

Return to “General Topics”