Is Put in Bay a Good Idea?

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Is this a good place to go with YOUNG children

Yes it Is, Very Child Friendly
47%
No this is a Party Island Very UN child friendly
53%

Total votes: 19

Chllybrd

Is Put in Bay a Good Idea?

Postby Chllybrd » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:56 pm

Hello Me and a couple of other ladies will be in Sandusky in 2 weeks and were thinking of coming over to the Island for a day, We all have Babies with us.. Is this a good Idea? We arnt Going to Drink Just to go and see the sites, Should we spend are time somewhere else? Is this a good place to go with Children? Thanks
Stacy

PLEASE TAKE POLL AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN A REPLY THANKS

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:11 pm

Put-in-Bay is a great place for families. During the week it is geared more toward families and on the weekends it is more of an adult oriented crowd but by no means unsafe for families.

On weekends expect larger crowds and longer wait times at attractions. Thanks and see you at the BAY!!

Taz

Postby Taz » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:21 am

I agree with admin1, you should have had a third choice on your poll. It is a great place for families but definitely during the week. Weekend days are OK but it's better to keep the little ones away from the adult oriented crowds on Fridays and Saturdays. So bring them up on Monday thru Wednesday just to be safe.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Steph

Postby Steph » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:02 pm

Well I have to agree with the previous responses from Admin1 and Taz. Kids do enjoy the island, but weekends from late afternoon into the evening are more for "adults".

Chllybrd

Postby Chllybrd » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:27 pm

The only day we can do The island is Saturday so I guess we will have to pass. Thats alright Im sure we will find something fun to do somewhere else

Turnpike Mike

Postby Turnpike Mike » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:38 pm

I just went to the Island for the first time this year and we brought our 5 month old baby. You mentioned that you all have babies. I would not recommend bringing a baby to the Island. Children yes, Babies no.

It was very hard to get around the Island with a baby. All the shops do not accomodate for strollers at all. One person must wait outside with the strollers while others shop. There is no way to manuver a stroller in the shops.

Golf carts with a baby is tough too. (if you plan to rent one) My wife and I plan to go back to the Island next time either when our baby is old enough to not need a stroller or car seat or without the baby.

I do think the Island is great for children though. (just not babies)

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:39 pm

I would suggest still going. You have to look at it a few different ways.... If you aren't planning on going out to the bars at night and leaving the kids, then i would still go. There are plenty of things to do there for them... Just not bars! You'll have a good time!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

pureamy

Postby pureamy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:00 am

I have a 5 and 7 year old & they have a blast from the ferry ride, drivin in a golf cart, mini golf, watching boats and just being together. I pack a picnic lunch and we bring a football, mits and bubbles..........blah, blah, blah. And I always pack swim suits! You may have fun just being with your friends. You don't know unless you try!

Chllybrd

Postby Chllybrd » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:17 am

There are 3 of us that would be going and we all have 8 month old babies and I also have a 3 year old. I dont want it to be a hassle with the strollers, we were planning on renting a cart, But soemone said that would be a hassle too.. I dont know what we will do now,

Taz

Postby Taz » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:17 pm

You could take them to Great Bear Lake (I think that's what it's called.), The Indoor water park.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:34 pm

I think you should stick with put in bay... it might not be a hassle for you if you have a handle on everything... go and enjoy!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

pureamy

Postby pureamy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:52 pm

TAZ- They changed the name to Great Wolf Lodge. Forget the kids, I'd like to go there!!
Chllybrd- Its going to be hard no matter where you go with 8 month olds and a 3 yr old. Thats the challenge of Motherhood.......I agree with Bullette, just stick with your palns and have a good time. You'll have to figure out the golf cart arrangements ahead of time...just a suggestion.

Bluto

Postby Bluto » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:19 am

There are many places as well as other islands in the area that you can visit as well.
Bluto

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:56 am

I guess the women would have a better understanding of the pains you'll have to endure, so go with them on this one.

Birdsnestresort

Go!

Postby Birdsnestresort » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:19 am

Put-in-Bay is a great place for kids. If needed just go to Perry's cave family fun center and enjoy the surroundings. The babies might not understand it but its a nice place. And i work there. haha have a good time on whatever u do!

~Tylaa

Return to “General Topics”