Sept 16-17 New Years at the Bay

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

gomer

Sept 16-17 New Years at the Bay

Postby gomer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:00 am

Hope everyone survived the winter. Can't believe it is officially PIB season again. I have scheduled my normal guys trip up to the Bay in June again and know what to expect for that. I am finally making a second trip to the Bay this year which I am very excited about with my gf and some other friends/couples. We are looking at the weekend of Sept 16 which is described as New Years at the Bay and says there is Monte Carlo style gambling in downtown of the bay. Anyone been there this weekend and could fill me on what to expect? I have never been after Labor Day so wasn't sure if the island was still crazy or what. Thanks for any info you can give me.

JodellandJon

Re: Sept 16-17 New Years at the Bay

Postby JodellandJon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 pm

I have never been to the bay that weekend, but I have heard it is almost as crazy as Christmas in July. Have fun!! :)
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks for the info. Every weekend at the Bay is great so no doubts for me that this one will as well. I can't believe I am only 2 months out from my first trip of the year. Anyone know if any new restaurants or bars opened up this year?

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:54 am

I get the PIB Gazette at home and I don't remember seeing anything about any new restaurants or bars...but I might have missed something! lol We are making our first trip in 2 weeks!! April 30th! Can't wait!!!!!! :)

gomer

Postby gomer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 pm

By the way a couple of years ago I did a Trip Report on here and got some positive responses so thanks for that. Last year I did not do one and there is a reason for that. Some of the idiots that I invited and brought along last year got me and my entire group kicked out of our go to hotel the Put in Bay Resort in less then 24 hours, and it was a Thursday night! Nothing like being fast asleep and getting woken up by hotel management and the cops at 7am after a day/night of drinking at the Bay and being put on the street for something you didn't even do. We were staying in the one of the new Villas and some of the guys got a little to rowdy for our own good while I was sleeping and that is what happened. Luckily we rallied and got in another hotel and ended up having a great time but our room was crap compared to the villa. Also I made peace with the management at the PIB Resort and am welcome back and will not be bringing any of the problems of last year with me. Hey what can I say it's another PIB classic moment.

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh wow!! That would SUCK!!!! I think I would have had to beat someone! LOL Glad it all worked out for you though! We usually stay at The English Pines Bed and Breakfast because we were married there and are now friends with the owners. If we don't stay there we rent a house at the Island Club with a bunch of friends. The new villas look really nice!!! I am going up with a bunch of girl's in August and we might have to look into staying there! :)

chucksberg

Postby chucksberg » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Fun weekend but nothing like Xmas. Big crowds fall off mid August. Maybe we will see you there....

Return to “General Topics”