Miller Ferry round trip or one way?

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

pbarney

Miller Ferry round trip or one way?

Postby pbarney » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 am

Hi folks! My girlfriend and I are looking to enjoy a day on the Island on Saturday so I'm doing some logistical scouting.

Is it cheaper to buy round-trip tickets for the Miller Ferry, or does it not make a difference? The reason I ask is that we have several coupons for $1 off, so I was wondering if we each used one on the way there, and then bought return tickets on the Island and used the other two coupons for the trip back.

What do you think?

Also, we're bringing bikes for the first time. Any biking tips, tricks or traps we should be aware of?

Thank you!

Peter in Columbus

Steph

Re: Miller Ferry round trip or one way?

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 pm

The cost on the Miller is the same, no discounts for purchasing round-trip tix, I just usually do cause I know I have the money at the start of my trip...also there is a charge for taking over bikes on the ferry... check out their website for rates and what-not...

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 am

We would suggest that you take the Jet Express to the island http://www.jet-express.com While it might be a few dollars more, it comes in right downtown and eliminates the need for a $4.00 per person taxi to get into town.

You will also get a coupon sheet for each person with over $100.00 worth of discounts for restaurants attractions etc. The Jet Express is a much faster and comfortable boat where you can sit inside or outside.

They depart from Port Clinton Ohio and Sandusky near Cedar Point.

Thanks and see you at the BAY!!

chucksberg

Postby chucksberg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:22 pm

I don't think you can take bikes on the jet......may be wrong.....but you can rent them there.

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:24 am

One thing to remember also is parking by the Miller is FREE for the most part unless the free lots are full and you will most likely have to pay if you take the Jet. As it is true the Jet is much much faster speed wise than the Miller, the time on each is about the same. I believe it is 18 min on the Miller and 15 on the Jet. The Jet just takes off further away and makes up with the speed.

On behalf of the Jet it is definitely a smoother ride for the most part and pretty cool to go fast :) Just a few things to think about when choosing which to take. All I know is as long as you get to the island that is all that matters :D 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:03 am

Mills you are right on the money! :) We take the Miller 95% of the time, more so because of the free parking!

BTW.... You have not written any trip reports recently.... Whats up with that???? LOL I need some good reading material while my boss is in Court! ha ha ha :lol:
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

pbarney

Postby pbarney » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm

We took the Miller Ferry both because it costs less, was more conveniently located (we came up from Columbus heading west on Route 2), we didn't have to pay for parking, and we got to take our bikes. Not that there's anything wrong with the Jet Express, it just wasn't the best option for our situation.

We had a great time! The weather was about as perfect as you can get, and for the first time, we left the downtown area. I'd never been to the winery before, and I didn't even know there was a beach on the western end of the island! The rocks were pretty harsh on the feet though, so we didn't really make the most of it. We did however, eat more crab and lobster bisque than should be legal.

One question I have though.... we took our bikes to the end of Chapman road (I think that's it) and it basically dead-ended into a house. HOW MUCH FOR THE HOUSE?! It was the perfect setting, lacking only the necessary hammock in the front yard. I want that house! :-)

chucksberg

Postby chucksberg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 pm

About 160,000 and up for small non lake front cottage, 600,000 to a Million for nice lakefront house. :shock:

Return to “General Topics”