Camping on PIB

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

Camping on PIB

Postby mikesathome » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Rookie here :)
I see there are a few campgrounds on the island, I just wondered what camp ground would be the best place to stay if you want to hit the bars at night and then crash out in a tent.
Not really planning on partying at the campground, as there are many many bars i must check out.
Any close to the A or C docks?

Re: Camping on PIB

Postby missnthebay » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:53 pm

I could be wrong about this, but as far as I know there is only the state park for camping. It is a nice site, most of the sites look out to the southwest over the lake. you get a nice breeze. It is definetly not walking distance from most of the bars though. most of the bars are located on the northern coast of the Island. for three dollars you can catch a cab to and from anywhere on the Island.
It has been years (7) since I have stayed there and back then there was only one taxi that was allowed in the state park, and I dont remember which on that was. I believe it was the white vans with the pink palm tree on the side. again all kinda fuzzy. I hope this helps.

Re: Camping on PIB

Postby Mills » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 am

There is also a private campground by the airport that is pretty nice. It is called Fox Den Camprgounds. The only bar within walking distance is Skyway. The taxi's will drop you off at the entrance as they cannot enter, but that is no big deal as the campground is not that big anyways. You are allowed to drink at this camprgound, but at dark the loud noise is not tolerated, but it sounds like that should not be a problem with you since you are hitting the bars :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “General Topics”