First time to PIB...

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

First time to PIB...

Postby vtfanatic330 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 pm

I live in northern Virginia and will be vacationing in Sandusky for the entire week next week.

I'm wanting to check out PIB for at least one afternoon/evening....seems to be an awesome place to sit back, drink, and relax. Although, I'm male and will be traveling PIB still worth checking out? Even to relax and "people watch", if nothing else.

Also, what is the dress code like for the bars on the island? And are most of the bars within walking distance of each other? Seems like Mr. Ed's / Mist is a definite must-visit, any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: First time to PIB...

Postby Bryan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Welcome to the board!

This is my biased opinion, but there isn't anyplace on the island better than the Round House. You cant beat the veiw from the front porch to watch the people and time go by. Mills loves Mr Eds, I love the Round House, both are great places just different.

There is no dress code, just dont wear a Steelers jesrsey or a Michigan shirt! If you are going just to have fun wear whatever you want, but if you are going to want some chick to talk to ya...well, you get the drift.

Make sure you post up what day you are going, chances are some of us will be there too.

Postby vtfanatic330 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks! Right now I'm planning on being at PIB on Thurs June 10....perhaps Friday as well.

Postby Mills » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:38 am

Yes definitely you need to come over and check out the Bay for a day/night or couple days!!

I can say that the people watching would be great from one of the benches in front of Frosty's, Roundhouse, or Mr. Ed's as that is where a lot of the action is at night!

As for the dress attire. There is literally a very wide range of dress at the bars: shorts and t-shirts, jeans and collard shirts, dresses, skirts, I have even seen some girls wear a bikini top to the bar with a pair of jean shorts... Whatever you decide to wear you will fit right in unless you wear a suit LOL!!

There are about 15 bars within a 3 block radius in downtown which is where 90% of the action is. There are a few bars in other parts of the island, but for your first trip I would stick to the downtown scene and you will not be disappointed :)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “General Topics”