New To This Site and NEVER BEEN TO PIB

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

nanci302

New To This Site and NEVER BEEN TO PIB

Postby nanci302 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I have NEVER been to Put-In-Bay. I am planning a trip for this summer and thinking about going Memorial Day Weekend, Christmas in July, and Possibly Labor Day Weekend. I would like to get some input on the places to go, things to see and do, and the bars that are the best. I am 22 years old and ready for the best summer.
Nanci

Mills

Re: New To This Site and NEVER BEEN TO PIB

Postby Mills » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Well Nancy you really can't go wrong with any of those 3 weekends as they are all a blast!! I would say Memorial Day weekend should be a great time although the weather will probably have a lot to do with how big the crowd gets. X-mas in July is almost guaranteed great weather and will be crowded either way and is the wildest weekend by far the entire year! Memorial Day weekend is always a good time too. My vote would be X-mas if you want sunny warm weather and partying! If you want to see the island more then Labor Day weekend probably. If you want to go X-mas you better book now b/c most hotels are booked up by March/April....

As for places to go/see... During the day check out all the swim up bars especially Mist (Mr. Ed's) and Putinbay resort hotel!! There are 2-3 others as well as you will see... Also make sure to check out the action on the boat docks I am sure you can make some new friends and party on the boats always a sweet time! At night I reccommend doing a pub crawl and checking out all the bars the 1st night then that way you can make a decision which ones you like best. My favorites are Mr. Ed's, Frosty's, Boathouse, Fish Bowl, and Brewery :D

If you want some sight seeing, I would reccommend renting a golf cart or bike for a few hours in the late morning/early afternoon (that way you are sober and avoid a DUI lol) and tour the island. There is also a winery in the middle of the island you should check out, good wine garden and good times in the afternoon! Another must see is to go up in the monument as you can see Canada and all the other islands. Well that is a good start for your first trip, and trust me you will need several trips to do everything LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

chucksberg

Postby chucksberg » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Yup, what he said, Mills knows the island pretty well! :lol:

nanci302

Postby nanci302 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. I will definatly look into that and start planning my trip now. I am bringing at least 4 people with me so we should be able to have a good time. I cant wait for this summer. I have heard so much about PIB its unreal and we have a swim up bar about 15 min from my house called Froggy's. I fell in love with that place when I first went there on a poker run with my ex. I love how you can swim and drink at the same time and who would not what to do that?
Nanci

gomer

Postby gomer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:50 am

Nanci are you talking Froggys at Indian Lake? I love that place. My buddy has a place in Catawba and that is one of the many bars we hit up during the summer at Indian Lake. The swim up bar there is an exact replica of one of the swim up bars at PIB. The hotel where that is at shall remain nameless as to not cause any problems on this website. I am making my 6th annual trip to PIB and Mills covered a lot of stuff. If you can get that all in on one trip, Id be impressed. Great place to start though. You probably want to rent your room very soon though. especially for Memorial Day or Xmas in July.

nanci302

Postby nanci302 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:36 am

Any ideas for the best hotel that wont kill me cost wise?
Nanci

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 pm

We always stay at the English Pines Bed and Breakfast. Its 2 blocks from town, and easy walking distance to everything. Liz and Doug, the owners, are super nice, and they have a great breakfast every morning. The rooms start at $85.00 a night, and they are really nice and clean.
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

nanci302

Postby nanci302 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I am planning on bringing a whole group of people around 4 to 8 and we all want to stay in a place thats not to pricey but also can still go out and have fun. If we dont stay in the hotel with the pool bars can we still go there and party? Need some help planning this trip can anyone help a girl out lol?
Nanci

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I would definitely stay at the Commodore Hotel!! It is right in the middle of downtown literally withing a few hundred feet of all the action. They have a [banned] Suite that sleeps 8 people, I have stayed in the [banned] suite 1x and was nice and spacious. The cost would be less than $150 per person for 3 nights which is about as good as it gets :)

Yes you can go to all the swim up bars they are open to everyone so definitely go pool hopping and check em all out 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

nanci302

Postby nanci302 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:31 pm

I planned on staying for the weekend, but only 2 days is the most I can stay bc of work and all that stuff. What do I do since most weekends like that require a 3 night stay?
Nanci

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Unfortunately you might have to take 2 days off work otherwise you might have to pay an extra night even if you dont use the room that Thursday night :cry: Trust me though 2 nights is not enough time you need 3 nights :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 pm

If cost is a concern, just grab a tent and stay at the camp ground. Best bang for the buck for a place to pass out.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:42 pm

You might be able to work out a deal with one of the managers of the hotels so you don't have to stay 3 nights, however that probably depends on if they are booked. You have more of a chance accomplishing this over Memorial Day weekend, as it's not totally packed as the other big holiday weekends, although still very busy.

I reccommend going Memorial Day to start out with and get your feet wet with PIB. The last 2 years it has been warm enough to go in the pools, however not every Memorial Day is like that, but either way you will have a lot of fun as there are many other things to do and more bars and places to see then you will ever have time for in one weekend.

I definitely reccomend getting a golf cart for a few hours or even a day and going around the island. They have up to eight or 10 man carts, and it's a lot of fun visiting the bars across the island and definitley go to the winery!!!!

We will be there Memorial Day and I will let everyone know what day we go on the golf cart rally.

Have fun and enjoy your first time at the bay!!!!

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 am

http://www.putinbayresort.com Will do 2 night stays for the remaining rooms. Book soon, not much left! See you at the BAY!!

nanci302

Postby nanci302 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks for all your help you guys.. what a great bunch you are! I hope to see you all at the bay and be able to party it up with some of you.
Nanci

Return to “General Topics”